Sunday 8 September 2013

Chapter 3: All Aflutter





As soon as I load my game up, I get a popup in the corner from Suzuki. He says he's leaving, then adds:
"You and me, sitting in a tree... Oh gosh, did I say that out loud? I mean... What a fun date! Don't mind me..."
I'd never seen that before. I loled. Then I loled again when another came up immediately after that I also hadn't seen:
"Your heart's all aflutter, oh my! You never thought you'd use aflutter in a sentance, and yet... Who knew dates could go so incredibly well?"
I take these as good signs, but Savannah doesn't seem to care as she eats dinner in the squalor. The counter and cooker are filthy too. Just waiting for that sink to join in...

She immediately rolls wishes to 'go on a first date with someone' and 'get a tattoo'. Unfortunately, all four of her slots are full. Not that she needs any more tattoos, and I'm kinda hoping she gets together with Suzuki...

The next day is leisure day. Savannah doesn't know what leisure is, and gets up at 5am. She showers, and then realises how awful the kitchen is, so she sorts it out. Good girl.

(Oh! Her traits are: flirty, rebellious, loves the outdoors, great kisser and nurturing. I think I must have randomised them, because that's an awful list of traits for any kind of legacy...)

She's so pretty...
Anyway, yeah, she gets a phonecall from Tonya Tamarind. I check her relationships, and she has about five friends! Three from work (including Tonya), that vampire (the fat guy from the first chapter), and of course, Suzuki, who is her best friend.
Tonya just wanted to chat.

As it's leisure day, and she has a locked wish to go on a group outing, she invites Suzuki to the festival.

She gets there before him, and looks a little lost (that's never happened to me before :| Is that a glitch?)

While I'm waiting for Suzuki to show, I have a look around the festival lot. I wonder at EA's logic here, and decide it must be a fake bamboo. Maybe a skating stunt pole disguised to look like bamboo...?

Suzuki shows. I'd begun to wonder whether he would...
They talk. Who knows what about? I didn't catch their speech bubbles, but I hope it was about their great date.

I direct them to go skate together. Savannah walks off the lot and round the outside (because ST has the best routing.) before getting to the skating rink. By this point, Suzuki decides he has work soon, and has to go.
Hang on... Nobody works leisure day! I'll get him back for avoiding me... (He's a toddler sports coach...)
Anyway, so Savannah skates alone. She clearly really enjoys it.

She's hungry, so I click her moodlet and she decides to join the eating contest- wait...
Yep, that's right. Teenage Helen Hoffman has got herself pregnant. (I didn't know EA's story progression allowed that...)
Apparently, she couldn't find any of the teen-maternity appropriate bottoms for that outfit. I've had them for years. I decide I like her like that, and leave her to it. Floating torso's are always good for drama.
I also discover she's surprisingly pretty for an EA premade. Not drop-dead gorgeous, but I wouldn't mind her genetics in my family. Maybe Savannah will get pregnant and they can get their kids together?

At the last second, Savannah suddenly decides she doesn't fancy hot dogs. Maybe she didn't hear that the dying of starvation glitch was fixed a few patches ago?

She then does some odd variation of 'pat your head and rub your stomach'... Or maybe she was complaining about starving?

She heads to a concession stand... Wait... Something isn't right...

*PING!*
As if by magic, the shopkeeper appeared. (I'm not expecting anyone to get that reference. Here. Good old British childrens TV, from back in the day.)
This shopkeeper is also quite attractive. ST peeps are hotties.

She gets some chilli-cheese fries.
While she's eating, she gets a party invite, to... Well, I dunno. That's about the only name I didn't make a note of. Sorry. Anyway, so she attends.

That's the host. The brunette. I could swear there was either an M or an H in her name. And O was the second letter... I think.
The blonde woman... Yeah, I wondered what she was doing too. Turns out there's a pool ladder there that hasn't rendered by this point.

Suzuki's here. I don't see any toddlers...
Apparently Savannah got a tan. She looks... weird.
Anyway, so I decide Suzuki can make it up to me by attempting to make babies.

This blonde guy looks like Suzuki's wingman. He gives him a "You go, dude!" Look as he heads out to the girls at the pool. (This is when I realise this is the first pool party thrown by an inactive where they actually have a pool!)

Just as Savannah and Suzuki make it to bed, the game crashes.
I don't know when I last saved, probably at the summer festival lot, so I won't have lost much, but this explains the shortness and any repeats/inconsistancies next chapter. I'm writing a chapter for each play session.

6 comments:

  1. Agh, crash before woohoo, lol.
    Is that shopkeeper Pearl by any chance? She makes nice babies, too. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. *sigh*
      At least I save regularly!

      It could be! I have no idea, I didn't make a note of her name. If I see her again I'll check it out :D

      Delete
  2. Savannah's 'Oh Crap! There's wheels on my feet!' Look was awesome! Nice catch Gemma! Also, Bamboo in the skating rink... ??? Really EA? That's a pretty obvious Phail. So sorry. Maybe try again?

    And congrats on the pool at pool party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :p I was happy I caught that too. Usually I hit 'c', but as the in-game camera lags with the game, sometimes I get out and my shots are all not what I took but what happened seconds after. :p
      I know! Silly EA. I could edit it, and I would if this was a serious game, but as this is about celebrating sims, I'm keeping it.

      I know! Never happened before :D I'm excited about throwing a present party or whatever it's called, as my legacy doesn't have holidays yet. I've introduced halloween, or 'memorial day' to them, but that's it. So, yeah, only seen pics of that. (will have to cheat to get a bigger house. Maybe I should post that chapter? Yeah, I will.)

      Delete
  3. A bamboo tree in the middle of the skating rink? Weird!

    So Suzuki leaves with the excuse of work and then she runs into him at a party. Tsk Tsk Suzuki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Silly EA.

      Yep! Very rude of him. He pays the ultimate price (you probably already read it), in the form of having a baby. Serves him right! Even though I was gunna get him at some point ;)

      Delete