Sunday 23 February 2014

Chapter 9: Repossession Is Nine Tenths





It's around 8am, Sahara has just gone to school. We've recieved word that the repo man is on the way, as I'm so incompetant as an overseer that I managed to fail to click the 'pay now' when the final warning popped up, even though I have more than enough money to pay.
Savannah has turned to drink.

The repo(wo)man hides her van behind some trees, and stealthily runs toward the house.

She takes the oven... And that's it. Clearly we're not in too much debt. I immediately replace the oven with the exact same one, but rumours still circulate that Savannah had some items repossessed. Damn celebrity thing.

Oh yeah, and they were hiding upstairs. The adults were glaring at each other, blaming each other.
  "This is your fault, Suzuki. If you earnt more money..."
  "Me?! You're the one who's on permenant maternity leave!"
  "Oh?! And who's fault is that?! You're the one who keeps knocking me up! I didn't even want kids!"
  "Mama?"
Awkward...

Love day comes around and the repo incident is long forgotton. The whole family head over to the festival grounds for a day of fun in the sun.

When they arrive, they're met with this sight. I have no idea what that's meant to be?! It never rendered, either, and Whatsisface ran off the lot with it flickering around him. I guess we'll never know....

It starts raining, of course - sods law and all that - but Sahara doesn't care and hunts for eggs after getting her face painted (she didn't find any. What a loser.).

Little Sabrina is left to wander the festival grounds unsupervised. Because this is sims, and that's acceptable here.
Anyone else think her facial features are way too mature? Cover her body up and she could be an adult.

Suzuki rocks that dancefloor.
Where's Savannah?

...Discovering she's pregnant. I don't know when this happened. It's been too long in-game to have happened last time I played, so they must've snuck a risky in while I went toilet or got a snack or wandered aimlessly around the house for ten minutes trying to remember what I was doing before I went toilet and got a snack...
Yes, I really am that absent minded sometimes.

A rainbow is a sign of hope. Hopefully this means that it's only one baby in there again and I can hope my multiples curse is still steering clear of this save... (I don't know myself at this point, she's still pregnant as I type this up)

She joins hubby on the dancefloor. I hoped there'd be some kind of trophy but maybe there isn't even a competition? I could've sworn I read something about a spring dance competition? Maybe I imagined it.

Very soon, Sahara's birthday rolls around. Savannah busys herself fixing things and clearing away mouldy plates while Sahara has a lie in worthy of any teenager.
I figure I may as well have her gain skills. She's got another 8 days maternity leave to go at this stage, and I wonder if she'll ever return to work as she's only got 15 days until she's an elder. It feels like she's not worked since Sahara was born... She probably hasn't actually.

Sahara blows her candles out as her parents cheer in time like they've practised all their lives...

She ages up and gains the 'Loves to Swim' trait.
Oh! She gained Cat Person at her last birthday, and Sabrina was born with Loves the Outdoors and Excitable. All traits are randomised, by the way.

Her parents don't know what to think of her new look...

lol.
She grew up really ugly, so I caked her in ITF makeup which will never be used for anything other than making ugly sims look funny. Sahara will now not be heir for certain, so we're putting our hopes on Sabrina or foetus to be beautiful.

I've not seen her smile yet. She just sat there and ate her cake like she'd been forced to do it. She actually looks a bit like she hates her parents for some reason... Real moody teen haha!

I actually don't mind her in profile. She's kinda striking. I also think she'll grow on me. She's not conventionally beautiful by any stretch, but she's unique looking.

Anyway, that's all folks!

4 comments:

  1. lol. That's the unrendered "Fast as the Wind" Animation Vampires get when they run when they've got a lot of energy. My ISBI vamps get that. Go get Leighton to run for you... topless... in slow motion... hell just make him naked and make yourself a drink and enjoy.

    And there is a competition for dancing at the Spring Festival! I have no idea how the game decides the winner, but there is a queen and a king and they get a nifty plaque for the wall with a crown on it if they did win. It's only happened once for me. In the ISBI save that is eternally spring/summer and the seasons are like 24 days long a piece.

    Smileless Sahara. Almost as if her little sister told her she wasn't wanted... lol. Aw. Yay for Birthdays! And she doesn't look bad at all. Or is the ITF makeup prettifying her that much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I thought it was flames the way it was flickering around him! Thanks for clearing that up!
      LOLOLOLLLL! I'll have to give it a go ;)

      Naww :( They were the only two dancing all day too! They should've won!
      Sounds like it all happens in your ISBI :)

      Haha! I think Sabrina is a bit young to talk to Sahara in a way that she'd believe her. The ITF makeup is helping a LOT! I'll show you how she came naturally. It's like she was born without eyes or something...

      Delete
  2. Here I thought I was the only one that forgot to click that pay super over due bills notice thingy, lol If it's not a challenge, I shift/click delete the repo truck away, and then reset the reposim. Haha, then it's like it never happened. Reset sim works on burglars too...

    Sahara doesn't look too bad to me either, of course, all that bright green sort of does blind the eyes a little, lol :P I love the expressions on her parents faces, haha Suzuki looks all mobster boss with that face, lol, he must be worrying about his daughter dating---or planning something nefarious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the repoman before! So that was an exciting first for me! lol.
      Y'no, I had never thought to reset sim!! I'll bet it works on the annoying curfew police who constantly arrest my sims after prom! Thank you!

      Pahahaaa! Sabrina just aged to teen in game... You'll see in a couple chapters. I think I did an excellent job on her makeup :P
      Hm... Suzuki the mobster boss who teaches football to toddlers in his spare time... lol!

      Delete